

Harbour Pointe HOA Board meeting: July 21, 2020

Present: Randy Nahvi, Paul Williams, Derek Foreman, Chip Slagle, John, Kevin

Pegasus: Sharon and Michael

Maintenance: Mark Livingston

ML: 5/4" decking is very hard to find right now. I have called every place in town and everyone is in the same situation. I have a contact at Black Lumber who will let me know when orders come in. All the material needed for the new trash enclosure has arrived.

RN: Do you have everything you need for the trash enclosure on hand?

ML: Everything except shingles. I wanted to show you guys some samples so you can pick out what you want.

SD: I'll pick out the shingles to match the color used above the mailboxes.

ML: The floor is leaking above Chip's unit (27).

CS: That's an easy fix. Tell me about the two bad decks.

ML: #84 and 86 are in bad shape. They originally framed it wrong. The flooring needs to be replaced.

DF: We should think ahead and order a large supply of deck boards that we need. How big of an order should we place?

RN: That's a good question.

ML: I can check with Black Lumber and see what they have with 8', 10', and 12'. 16 footers would be great to have but I am being told it will take 6-8 weeks to get them in.

DF: Every day you wait it still will be 6-8 weeks out. Place an order now for the 16 footers and buy whatever you can of the 12 footers.

RN: Order as much as you can order.

DF: I don't want to ask where our wood is at the next meeting. Let's get it done.

CS: They're expecting some in the area where I live. If it comes in I'll buy it and bring it down here. Should we look at the Trex also?

FROM ALL: A RESOUNDING NO. Too expensive, and would certainly open up a can of worms with homeowners.

CS: I'll work with Mark on it and get back with everyone, let you know the stats.

ML: We're working on the north side of A building and finding evidence of termites. Should we get an exterminator to take a look at it? Previously we jacked up the other side of building A.

CS: Don't forget the boards that need to be stained. We need to do that before the leaves start falling.

MS: We're going to start power washing next week in order to do that.

RN: We decided several meetings ago to start putting down primer before we stain. Let's make sure we do that. Let's see if that makes a difference.

ML: Prices on lumber have gone up quite a bit.

RN: When will the trash surround area be done completely? We need to have it done before our annual meeting. When will it be done?

ML: It shouldn't take more than a few weeks.

MINUTES APPROVED AS PRESENTED.

#### FINANCIALS:

MD: As of June 30, 2020; Reserve balance \$297,000. Operating account balance \$96,000. Total bank of \$373,000. June income \$20,000. Expenses \$12,600. Year to date income of \$221,000, expenses of \$150,000. July income of \$57,000. We have written \$37,000 in checks.

RN: Regarding the pool, we had the leak detection people come out to do their work for \$9,000. Have they been paid?

SD: That work hasn't been done.

CS: We tabled that.

DF: No we didn't. We approved it last meeting.

PW: We voted to approve the \$9,000 of work, told Sharon to get it scheduled after July 4<sup>th</sup>, and to date we have done nothing.

SD: Because we found out we would have to close the pool for 10 days. One day to drain the pool, two or three to do the work, lay new concrete, 3 or 4 more days to balance chemicals, get the water tested twice. It will take at least 10 days.

CS: I talked to Pat about tabling this project. I can give you the Cliff notes; Sharon called me and said our water bill was the same as prior years, maybe even a little less. She and I talked about it, I think we should delay doing that work since our pool isn't using water, otherwise people would get really upset. I called Pat, and he agreed. *I talked to our pool people (IN Pool & Spa) and they said they fixed*

one leak at one of the skimmer boxes. Pat, Sharon, and I decided it was better to wait on this project until the end of the pool season and save the money.

DF: Not everything is about saving money. We look like rubes with having our hose in the pool all the time for the last five years.

MD: It wasn't so much about saving money as it was having to close the pool down for 10 days in the middle of summer.

DF: Who cares? Either way it's a black eye.

CS: We're always going to have a hose in there because of evaporation.

DF: I'm at the country club every day. They don't have a hose in their pool.

CS: They probably have an automatic filler.

DF: I don't know about that. I just don't understand why we don't fix stuff instead of putting it off forever. That's it. Stop!!

RN: Let's keep going.

DF: If we're not going to fix anything it's pointless to be here to talk about it for two, three, four months.

CS: We have struggled with the pool people.

PW: If we are waiting to do the pool work, we need to get a date on the calendar with them NOW. They are a busy company and we don't want to have to wait.

MD: I have contacted them. They know about our current situation. I will schedule the work a month ahead of time at the point where we decide to close the pool for the season. I will email out the delinquency report in a few days when I have it ready.

OLD BUSINESS:

PW: Has anything been done about the sharp edges in the pool?

CS: The owner of IN P&S was going to come out to fix a leak around one of the pool lights and address the nails that were painted over and the ladder. There's not much that can be done about the last step into the pool that people are slipping on until we drain the pool. I think we should consider buying our own "Dolphin", which is an automatic cleaner. They're \$900 - \$1000. IN P&S only uses theirs in our pool once a week. That's not enough.

RN: Just go ahead and get one.

CS: Got it. Done.

PW: Are we moving forward with pool signage?

SD: They are currently making it.

PW: Chip, we authorized 3 days of tree trimming / cutting work for \$5,000. Has that happened yet?

CS: I only told him one day instead of three. I think he is starting tomorrow. (July 22<sup>nd</sup>)

KO: Do we have three days of work for him. Last time we talked it sounded like we did.

CS: We have that many days but I'm going to try to get it done in two. I will have him prune the trees and bushes at the end of the cul de sac. I also want him to get everything off of the side of building D.

SD: We are getting estimates for the repairs needed at the driveway at Chip's old garage.

CS: The slab is sliding away and needs to get fixed.

KO: The retaining wall near my building off the fire trail needs replaced. The timbers are rotting away. One corner of it is starting to give away.

CS: Mark plans on fixing that soon.

#### NEW BUSINESS:

PW: The shared driveway for #84 and 86 needs to be replaced ASAP. It was looked at last summer but we didn't have enough money to do it then. Also the apron entering garage 86 is deteriorating and needs additional concrete repair. (POST MEETING NOTE: Garage 86 is now a family room, constructed years ago without board approval. Work on the apron entering that garage WILL NOT BE DONE.)

CS: Last year we put off seal coating and crack filling Harbour Pointe Drive. That needs to be done.

PW: Last summer we did do the crack filling all along HP Drive along with some asphalt patch work.

RN: Paul and Chip; get together and decide about what concrete work is to be done. The annual meeting; we suggested the 29<sup>th</sup> of August. Is that too early? I don't want to do it until the trash area project is completed.

PW: I don't think the trash enclosure project will slow down other work that Mark needs to do. That is what I have been told anyway. But we all know Mark and delays are likely to happen.

RN: If you aren't confident the work will be done on time then we need to schedule the annual meeting at a later date.

CS: What all has Mark been working on?

SD: A lot of windows. I don't have the work orders with me.

KO: We need to have some sort of spreadsheet that shows every current project that is being worked on.

RN: We have two ideal candidates to come on to the board. I would like to have both of them. I want you guys at every board meeting.

PW: How would you announce that at the annual meeting?

RN: I don't think we would. I think we would just say we have Paul's replacement. We need to have an August board meeting and schedule the annual meeting in September.

NEXT BOARD MEETING: TUESDAY, AUGUST 18<sup>TH</sup> AT 5:30pm.

\*\*\*BOARD MEETING WAS RE-SCHEDULED FOR TUESDAY, AUGUST 11<sup>TH</sup> AT 5:30pm.

TIME OF DEATH: 6:41pm.